Isinaima Iti : Shipibo Sexual and Reproductive Health Improvement Project (2012 – 2014) – Physicians for Social Responsibility – Finland
This project aims at improving the sexual and reproductive health of four Shipibo villages in Amazon region in Peru in an interculturally adequate way, focusing on youth and women, through the following activities:
• Establishing a mobile SRH service unit.
• Creating Community Health Committees (CHCs) to link the community and health providers.
• Educating health care providers about the special needs of Shipibos.
• Training teachers in sexual education.
• Advocating the regional authorities to improve the services for Shipibos.